Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

I got this recipe off another site called "Celery Go?". They are delicious so I thought I would share the original post.

Pumpkin Bars

Before I post this recipe, I want to give full credit to Dr. Deborah Dean, a professor of mine from BYU who first introduced me to these delightful treats! I hope she won't mind my re-posting the recipe here. I just made these again the other day, and think that they are a wonderful fall dessert.

4 eggs
1 16oz. can pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

Mix ingredients thoroughly. Pour batter onto large, greased cookie sheet (similar to a jelly-roll pan). Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. When cooled, frost with the following cream cheese frosting. (We make ours with Tofutti cream cheese, and no one has ever been able to tell the difference, a fact I'm fairly proud of!)

1 package cream cheese
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-5 cups powdered sugar depending on your sweetness preference. (we use 3-4)
2-3 tablespoons milk (if needed to thin the frosting to spreadable consistency. We don't usually need it, but the Tofutti cream cheese may not be as stiff as the real stuff...)

No comments:

Post a Comment